Monday, January 2, 2012

As a new year starts ... my life will be dwindling....

As my time off from work comes to an end ... I get to look forward to the months of hell that end at April 15th and a few extra pounds. The months of ordering dinner at work and working weekends with minimal exercise will kill any momentum I had from running in the fall.  My goal is to not completely fall off the running track so that when I start again in April I will not be starting from square one but more like midway through a half training program.

I have already signed up for The Baltimore Running Festival to do the half, but not sure what else I want to do this year. The Annapolis Half Marathon looks like it is moving to December so that will probably be off my list since December weekends are pretty hectic and a 5k in December was just enough for me.

So any ideas what events I should do between June - September? Right now I am looking at Virginia Wine Country Half.

I went to the gym today since it was a tad cold, but more so insanely windy.  I did this workout followed by 40 minutes on the elliptical. I suck on the treadmill, so 20 minutes for me is good.  As I mentioned here ,  me and treadmills don't work but I am trying.


So during this holiday time - I did get a some fitness related items. I got a scale for Christmas from my husband. Okay... I know that sounds horrible but I wanted it. Its wifi enabled and can track and do all sorts of cool things.

I got the Withings Wifi Body Scale.



My dad got me a gift card to Dicks and I was able to get some Under Armour Evo Coldgear Compression Tights. They are much needed for our cold weekend runs. They had a bunch of clearance racks too, and for a total of $50 I got the following (each was $16.47) :


Under Armour Escape 3" Short 
Under Armour Catalyst (made from recycled materials) shirt


And my husband got the Under Armour Headgear Fitted Crew (in orange)



That is pretty much all of the fitness related things from the holidays. My husband got some running gadgets that will work with his future iPhone - but I will review those once he can actually use them in February.

On Christmas Eve we made a pretty delicious dinner -



Here are some photos from Christmas -




We rang in the new year with some good people -




Okay - that was long, Thanks for reading!!!

1 comment:

  1. Eep!! It sounds like you are about to be crazy busy. It's so hard to stay motivated during the winter, especially with shorter days (less daylight) and cold weather. The new gear is definitely a great way to stay motivated and get outside, at least for me anyway.

    I'm really looking forward to following your training in the new year. I will let you know if I see anything that I think is sign-up worthy between June and September. I'm looking to do some warm up races in that time frame as well. =)

    ReplyDelete