Sunday, January 29, 2012

Long Time No Post ... and Run!

Well it has been entirely too long to not post ... but a not a whole lot has been happening on the front here, so I figured I would not bore everyone with complaining about working lots and not having time to run. Pretty much most of my days have been sleep.eat.work.  I did make a couple good meals this week that all came from SkinnyTaste.Com.

Last Sunday I made the Minestrone Soup.



Then Tuesday night I prepared the Chicken Rollatini with Spinach all a Parmigiana. I made it ahead of time so that al Dan had to do on Wednesday night was put it in the oven. That worked out really well for us.  I think we could even freeze these pretty well.



Saturday morning finally came around with the nice sound of an alarm at 6:30am. I wanted to be able to run before going to work. I needed to test out my shoes one more time before needing to exchange them. After a nice 5.6 mile run on the NCR - I decided to keep the Brooks that I was indecisive about. 

After not really running more than 2 miles in the last 3 weeks, I actually had one of my best paces for a leisurely run I have ever had and didn't need to walk the entire time. 



Since the NCR Trail is near my work, after the run I kissed Dan bye and was off to work!

Saturday night was pretty relaxing - we made Filet with some spinach and scalloped potatoes.


For Christmas I received a subscription to Runner's World.  Until now I had no received any issues. I was getting super antsy but checked my mail and I had 3 months worth! 



Last but not least - today we finally got around to hanging some wedding related things (yes, yes about 7 months later!). I ordered this canvas with a Groupon and was very happy with it. The canvas was from Canvas on Demand


And I finally filled a invitation photo frame that I got for the wedding. 


I hope to sneak in a mid-week post and hopefully a run! 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! That is an awesome trail run! Way to go. I feel like such a slacker. I took the weekend off. Oy vey. And your food looks delicious. That is all.

    ReplyDelete