Saturday, January 7, 2012

Run to Eat?

So it was an awesome day for weather here in Maryland. Around mid-day the car thermometer said 64 at one point but it wasn't that warm on our run, probably low 50's. Talk about awesomeness. I took out my new Under Armour Evo Coldgear Leggings for a spin along with a short sleeve tech tee and gloves that I got for Christmas, Agloves Sport. Since I use my iPhone with Nike+, I wanted gloves that work with touch screens and through my arm band.


The gloves worked great, and the pants were awesome.

Girls, you will appreciate this. Because of the design of the waistband, there is no unflattering muffin top.  Compression pants and capris can be the most unflattering things on anyone because of their tightness and cut. The pants have waist band that is snug on the inside, and then an extra piece that sort of goes over that so you don't get weird looking lines when your shirt clings to you.  See below.


Okay, so back to the blog post title. I wanted to run 5 miles today, and we did. It was so nice outside, and the first 2.5 miles felt awesome. Since I was on the NCR Trail and started at a point that I knew the mileage at and could run to one of the markers on the trail. I did not look at my Nike+ and my pace the entire run. It felt kind of nice, especially since my legs were sooo tired from the interval run on Thursday. I ended up running at 11:09 which isn't bad considering how bad my legs felt and I haven't run 5 miles since December 17th.

So we run some errands (Wal-Mart Super Center) and then I was starving at this point and we had coupons to Andy Nelson's Barbecue. To those that don't live locally, the BBQ is A-mazing. And the place just has such a nice local hometown feel. The restaurant was founded by former Baltimore Colts safety and Super Bowl winner Andy Nelson.  Seriously, go sometime. I had the beef brisket and that comes with two side, I had the tater wedges and redskin potato salad. 




Since we had a pretty hardy lunch, I knew I wanted to go with a lighter dinner. I made Potato and Leek Soup following the SkinnyTaste recipe. Her recipes are awesome, and I had leeks I needed to use up from the other night. 




So, what do we know about me now? I love food and I think I really run in order to be able to enjoy more food! 

1 comment:

  1. I ate back my calories from my 6 mile run today at Buffalo Wild Wings. I told my hubby that part of the reason I run is so I can indulge in good food. :) I'm with you all the way on this one!

    P.S. Those are some awesome Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete