Thursday, January 19, 2012

No clear verdict on my shoes ... but new recipes!

We all know that I have issues with the treadmill - so I have not been able to assess the new shoes. I am planning to run this weekend outside so then I can make my final choice within my 2 week window to exchange them.

When I ran in them on Tuesday I had different aches then usual but who knows.

On to more exciting things. To go along with my love for Under Armour - look at this polo I scored at work. The polos are these. The good part is that I can wear it to golf also ... although I only golfed 2 times last summer since our weekends usually were taken up by our long run.





On Tuesday I made one of my best stir frys if I say so my self.  I found a new noodle and it was awesome. They are called Soba Noodles and I actually was able to find them at Wal-Mart.  They pack a good amount of protein for a noodle and the 2 oz serving actually was more filling them other things we have had stir fry over.  I marinated 1/2 a pound (for two people) of some sliced up beef in some Low Sodium Stir Fry sauce over night. I stir fried the meat  for about 3-4 minutes and then added about 1/4 cup of stir fry sauce and about 1/8 cup of soy sauce. I added 1/2 a can of water chestnuts and about a tablespoon sesame seeds and a sprinkle of some ground ginger.  I use these vegetables for stir fry and put them until they are cooked. Meanwhile the noodles cook 3 minutes and then I threw them into the pan with the meat and the sauce.  It came out very tasty and I didn't do the exact math but I know it was fairly low on the calories for such a filling/quick dinner (200 for noodles, 75 for veggies, 50 for sauce, 150 meat = 475). 




Then two days later, I followed Skinny Taste's recipe for a Crock Pot Bolognese. This also came out really good - I substituted Basil for the Parsley and I also added an 8 oz can of tomato sauce to have a saucy-er consistency. 



So, not much running but I did do some good eating and used fairly healthy recipes all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment