Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Girls Dream - New Shoes

So while this weekend has not lent it self to a lot of running, I did get new shoes! I decided to take the running day off because my feet were still bothering me some, and well I am not really training for anything right now, so I aside from wanting to lose some weight I wasn't worried about a missed run.


I have been running in Mizuno Wave Inspire 6 and was quite happy with them until within the last month I could tell it was new shoe time.

I went to Charm City Run, one of two running stores I have gotten shoes at.  These previous shoes had an even wear pattern, so they were definitely much better than the shoes I had before those.

I tried on 3 pairs of shoes. 

The first pair was the Saucony ProGrid Omni 10.




I did not like how these felt on my feet at all - they were out even before trying on two more.

The second pair of shoes I tried on were the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12.


These felt good on the feet - my feet and arch seemed well supported.

Lastly, I tried on this year's version of what I already owned, Mizuno Wave Inspire 8.


I also liked how these felt - they were what I already had.

I took the 2nd and 3rd shoe for a spin round the parking lot to see which one I liked better. I had a really hard time deciding but picked the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12. I liked how my foot felt more supported. Hopefully I made the right choice as this is only my second pair of real running shoes that I have been fitted for. If not, then at least I know for the future!

Last nights crock pot dinner came out amazing. I made the Chicken Taco Recipe from Skinny Taste. The yes thing is that it was done when I got home from work.  My husband ate it soft taco style and I had it over more of a taco salad base. Both were good. The blogger served it over rice and that would be quite tasty too.

Here is mine -

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! I'm so excited for your new shoes. My hubby just got a new pair of Asics Gel Kayanos. I have them in the female version and love them, but I've never been fitted for my shoes before. I think I may get up to Charm City Run in Annapolis to get fitted for my next pair. Be sure to give a full review after your next run! I've heard great things about Brooks shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let you know how it goes. I loved my Mizunos but could tell they had logged too many miles and that it was time. It was so hard to choose between the two. It was a choice of the new one that seemed the feel great on my foot but not something I had ran in before and something that worked in the past and "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I opted to try the new ones and then I will at least know. Don't want to short change feeling even better on runs. Definitely go get fitted and see what they have to say (and wear what you wearing now with you). They are helpful and the stores I have been in have a treadmill too and they can analyze your run. The last two shoes I got - I had not seen a price difference between the store and what I could buy it for online (which was shocking to me). I know I could get some discounts on last season shoes online but based on same shoe I had not seen too much difference. I think I am going to put some insoles (the cushion it used to have is where I am noticing the most difference in how they felt new verse now) in my retired running shoes and make them my gym shoes for elliptical days where I only run like 10-15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete