Thursday, January 12, 2012

Butter and Yoga?

So on Tuesday I did intervals at the gym and my feet and ankles have felt miserable since.  The treadmill is still giving me fits and last week was actually going well and Tuesday I ran with cinder block feet again and I think that is why my feet are bothering me since they were just sort of smacking the treadmill. I opted to skip cardio/running today and took a 1 hour yoga class (best part, its at work). Our work is pretty awesome and has things like a weekly yoga class right in the building.

So on the way home, what do I smell? Butter! Now - that would be weird, except for the fact I pass McCormick on a daily basis. So it fairly regularly smells like butter and pepper in the air. That got me to thinking, hey that is pretty cool that such a large company is so local. Although, I think one could agree that spices shouldn't be $5 for a little jar.  Then, a few miles more down the road on the way home from work, I pass by Kevin Plank's (founder of Under Armour) property as I see it sit up on top of the hill with amazing land surrounding. Might as well get it out there, but I think one could say that fellow blogger Kelly (Fit for Life Wife) and I love Under Armour.

Here are some photos I found online on the Washington Post.



I tried to take my own but it never came out right .....

I think that is my favorite part of running the UA Baltimore Running Festival. To me, the event has such a great hometown presence. I love the excitement on race day, I love the people outside there homes along the course cheering you on, I love people giving you high fives along the way, and how many people actually thank the police that help facilitate the event.  Oh and I love running through Camden Yards. I look forward to it every year, and every year I complain about the hills and wonder why I do it!

I will be doing the Sole of the City 10k in April and I am pretty excited (crosses fingers for no rain). The premium is Black Under Armour Escape Lightweight Quarter Zip. Here is the description:

"You want a fun, fast and scenic downtown course through Charm City? Check. 

You want food, a few drinks, and good times with friends and family after the race? Yup, got 'em, and done. 

You want a great race premium and bragging rights that you ran the newest event on the spring racing scene? Well-- that part is up to you-- be we've got the goods. "

Now, I am sitting on the couch with my achy feet in a bath of warm Epsom salt water. That always makes them feel better.

I will be looking for new running shoes this weekend! So look for a post this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Aww yay!! Thank you for the shout out. And thank you for telling me about the Sole of the City. I'm so excited to run it and sport our fabulous premium!

    I love supporting local vendors, so supporting UA is a no brainer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem about the shout out! I enjoy reading your blog.

    I hope the event will be good - it says it inaugural which always scares me, but I think they will have a good event.

    Good luck with your run this weekend.

    ReplyDelete